The ideal candidate will be a strong visionary with demonstrable success at the senior broadcast and digital sales management level. The General Sales Manager will ensure goal achievement through planning, setting systems for success, including arranging targeted training and accountability to generate positive results and raise the level of the team’s proficiency.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
· Reports directly to the General Manager, manages sales and digital managers, works collaboratively within the sales department and with other department heads.
· Develop positive working relationships with clients, both locally and around the country
· Makes decisions regarding hiring, staff evaluation, and promotion
· Develops and execute strategies to exceed revenue goals; local, national, digital and new product revenue, including driving developmental new business.
· Inventory management and accurate forecasting; setting pricing disciplines and to maximizing yield.
· Manages recruitment and development of talented sales professionals.
· Resolves customer complaints regarding sales and service.
· Plans and directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and manage sales and service programs.
· Oversees Accounts Receivable efforts of the Sales Department.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· The right candidate is a self-starter with a get-it-done, driven and focused work ethic, combined with a collegial, charismatic personality, and a history of good decision-making.
· A minimum of 5+ years experience in broadcast/digital sales management, with a strong background in agency, local, digital and related sales positions.
· Must be an accomplished broadcast/digital revenue driving executive, with proven success in delivering consistent and sustainable revenue increases, market share gains and bottom-line profitability.
· Ideal candidate will be a strong negotiator with experience in building deep-rooted relationships with national and local buying communities. Able to demonstrate a track record of developing incremental revenue above and beyond the RFP through strong relationships.
· Strong understanding of television ratings and pricing tools, as well as key performance metrics for digital sales
· Great presentation skills in building compelling and persuasive arguments, both for major events like Olympics and NFL Football, as well as customized from information acquired during client interviews. Ability to present convincing, client centric sales solutions, leading the team, is a must.
· Computer literate with knowledge of various TV sales software systems.
· College or Advanced Business preferred.
· A valid driver’s license is required.
· EOE M/F/D/V ~ Background check screen required.
To apply: Qualified applicants can apply online at www.Nexstar.tv/careers
Or direct link to position: https://nexstar.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/6225