Seeking dynamic, multitasking visionary to lead sales operations for two stations WEHT and WTVW and digital platforms. Leading daily operations and budget achievement of TV, New Business, Special Projects and Digital revenue goals. Dept Head oversees all sales, sales managers, AE’s and sales support to work within established company procedures and guidelines. Responsible for departmental strategy and top priorities of achieving sales budgets and growing new business. Must have desire to be active in the community, go on sales calls, build relationships and stay ahead of competitive media.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish, develop and execute strategies to achieve budget goals
- Manage sales department and partner with LSM’s, AE’s and other stakeholders
- Manage inventory, rate structure and revenue forecasting
- Involved in overall sales budget, department expenditures, planning initiatives-projects
- Pays close attention to account receivables and efficient sales systems operations
- Provide leadership to sales team, hiring AE’s, employee evaluations
- Work with all Dept’s in the station to maximize revenue and community opportunities
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising or related field preferred
- Previous sales management, minimum 7 years sales experience in media preferred – Local, Regional and National exposure
- Proficiency in standard office software – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc
- Experience with Wide Orbit, Matrix, Strata, ComScore are a plus
- Capacity and desire to coach, mentor and develop sales managers and AE’s
- Tremendous attitude, effort, multitasking, self-motivated and time management skills
- Implementing and strategizing quarterly, yearly and long term objectives for TV and digital
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record
- Occasional business travel required; available to work extended hours as needed to achieve goals
- Occasional public speaking required
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The General Sales Manager will make out of office sales calls during the work week. They must be able to stand, sit, conduct phone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. Must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required.
Nexstar Broadcasting Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Nexstar Broadcasting Inc. provides services to WTVW and Mission Broadcasting Inc through an outsourcing agreement.