WBAL TV is seeking a dynamic Local Sales Manager who is ready to take a growing station to the next level. We are looking for a sales leader who creates a positive culture for success through leadership, clear direction, teaching, motivating and evaluating the sales efforts of our local team. The candidate will lead the local team in exceeding budgets on multiple platforms and coach and mentor a team of motivated sellers. Individual should be highly organized, able to coach a winning team and have experience in pricing and inventory management. The ability to develop and maximize revenue opportunities within the local advertising community is a must. Client engagement is a top priority. Candidates should have the ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle multiple challenges simultaneously. Candidate must also be able to take initiative and make decisions without daily guidance.
- With guidance from the General Sales Manager, set the overall tone for the local sales department by providing exemplary leadership in accordance with mutually agreed upon sales goals and priorities
- Clearly define account executive performance expectations and measurement processes to assure account executives efforts and attention will lead to achievement of those expectations.
- Conduct weekly one-on-one meetings and quarterly strategy meetings with each Account Executive.
- Develop relationships with our clients and key prospects via frequent visibility. This includes being active in the sales process, getting out on sales calls and entertaining clients.
- Assist in accurately forecasting revenue throughout the year & exceed quarterly & annual forecasts.
- Manage, alongside the General Sales Manager and National Sales Manager, inventory and rates to maximize station revenue and achieve and exceed revenue goals.
- Manage, alongside the Digital Sales Manager, our internet and web sales efforts to achieve and exceed revenue goals.
- Meet and exceed our departmental goals for Revenue, Market Share, New Business, Internet, Mobile, etc.
- Advise the Research Director in creation of research pieces to assist in our sales efforts.
- Communicate effectively with other Managers and Supervisors.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Ideal candidate has a minimum of 3 years broadcast sales management experience.
- A creative mind with proven ability to generate revenue for the company and advertisers
- The ability to analyze issues thoroughly in order to make sound business decisions and solve problems effectively
- Ability to communicate effective and persuasive sales presentations
- Understands how to communicate effectively and build strong internal and external relationships.
- Has a history of achieving budgets on multiple platforms.
- Is a skilled negotiator and problem solver.
- Has a passion to build and maintain strong client relationships.
- Has the creativity to develop targeted, customer focused marketing solutions using multiple media products including television, web, mobile, and multi-cast.
- Has a track record of success in new business development.
- Has an excellent understanding of how to price effectively and manage inventory.
- Takes full ownership of local budgets and revenue goals and is constantly developing strategies to overachieve.
- Takes pride in being extremely well-organized and always prepared.
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Is highly computer literate in all Microsoft Office products and ideally has experience with Wide Orbit and Matrix.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Military experience and training with above qualifications will be considered
To apply follow the link below: