KIII Corpus Christi, TX is looking for a driven, solutions-based Local Sales Manager. The Local Sales Manager must be an effective motivator and innovative thinker working with a team comprised of our Local Account Executives and Account Managers. We want someone with a proven history of growing revenue for both television and digital, developing a strong sales team through mentoring and executing special projects. This position is responsible for executing a sales strategy that delivers total solutions to all customers through an integrated suite of media platforms – television, digital, mobile and social. The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational, presentation & leadership skills and enjoy being in front of our clients. The LSM ideally will establish and grow strong relationships with local and regional advertisers as well. We’re looking for an idea person and strategic thinker who not only creates sales opportunities for advertisers but also helps in the continuing development of our entire team. This position reports directly to the Director of Sales.
The LSM must be results oriented, innovative and a dynamic leader. This person must possess an entrepreneurial mindset and a competitive spirit and exhibit passion for marketing sales, both broadcast and digital. This individual must exhibit the ability to motivate, teach and lead by example.
- Prefer Bachelor's degree with sales or marketing major or commensurate experience in sales positions.
- Minimum of 3 years of successful local TV or media sales experience and/or creative digital
- Work closely with marketing and news departments to generate & implement lead generation opportunities.
- Expand sales in existing accounts by introducing new products and services; developing new applications
- Complete business activity reports and forecasts as required.
- Achieve sales operational objectives by contributing the information and recommendations to overall strategic plan by monitoring competitive products and feedback from market and forecast sales and achieve goals.
- Prior media sales management experience preferred.
- Provide leadership and coaching of local sales team.
- Feel the pulse of the market by staying current and up to date on competitive ‘best practices’ as well as ‘missteps’.
- Conduct weekly sales meetings and sales training.
- Manage key local accounts with account executives by being active in the sales process.
- Assess sales staff with ride-along coaching & participating in client meetings. Offer and recommend appropriate training for the AEs.
- Develop creative and effective customer focused solutions using all media platforms.Wide Orbit, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Sales Force, ComScore, and Nielsen software experience is a plus.
- Active in the community.
- Develop creative and effective customer focused solutions using all media platforms and working with research staff.
- Valid driver license & clean driving record is mandatory.
KIII-TV, located in the beautiful coastal community of Corpus Christi, Texas, is a television station with a tradition of excellence, a heritage of strong journalism and a commitment of service to the people of South Texas. For more than 50 years, our professional staff has earned us the trust and confidence of our viewers who stay tuned to our broadcasts and visit our website, www.kiiitv.com, for news about the events that impact their lives. We are proud to be an ABC affiliate and the #1 station in South Texas!
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce.