KCCI, the market-leading Hearst Television CBS affiliate in Des Moines, IA is seeking an experienced Local Sales Manager. This is an important leadership role that encompasses local revenue management for our top-rated TV station, digital platforms, and two multicast platforms. You will work in one of America’s most recognized cities for business climate and quality of life. KCCI is looking for a creative sales leader with a proven track record of success in multi-platform advertising sales. Ideal candidates should be goal-oriented, able to motivate and lead high-performers, organized, driven, and disciplined. The ideal candidate will be someone who enjoys creating a high-performance culture. Must be able build client relationships, enjoy making local calls, and willing to invest in the success of others. Please apply at careers.hearsttelevision.com.
• Work in partnership with the National Sales Manager, and Digital Sales Manager to overachieve revenue goals on all station platforms including KCCI, KCCI.com, MeTV and MyDesMoines.
• Create sales revenue-generating sales solutions and concepts for all platforms.
• Communicate regularly with the General Sales Manager on all aspects of local business and maintain current and accurate revenue forecasts by account and by platform.
• Collaborate with the sellers on strategy and negotiation for key accounts.
• Consistently evaluate seller performance and provide constructive feedback.
• Regularly meet with the local sales team to ensure their professional development and success.
• Lead weekly sales meetings; prepare and lead quarterly/annual sales planning meeting.
• Meet extensively with clients to develop/strengthen business relationships; drive client retention.
• Recruit and develop ‘new talent’.
• Strong communication and presentation skills.
• Must possess a proven record of sports and specials sales success.
• Multicast and digital sales acumen.
• Have a fundamental understanding of Nielsen ratings and methodology for rating projection and evaluation.
• The ability to effectively price and provide inventory management principles, along with forecasting revenues.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and Television Software Systems: Wide Orbit, Kantar, and Wide Orbit Sales, Matrix and Marshall Marketing a plus.
• Possess the skills to manage and motivate others with a winning mindset.
• 4 year college degree preferred.
• Top local seller looking for career advancement, current NSM, DSM, or LSM.
• Prefer 4 years’ experience in the broadcast industry.
Please follow direct link to apply: