WDSU, the NBC market-leading station in New Orleans, is seeking a dynamic Local Sales Manager who is ready to take a growing station to the next level. This important leadership role encompasses local revenue management for our TV station, digital platforms, as well as our multicast station, MeTV New Orleans. Ideal candidate should be driven, goal-oriented, disciplined, customer-focused, and organized, with the ability to coach and motivate both newer and experienced AE’s to success in multi-platform advertising sales. Must be able to build strong internal and external relationships, enjoy making sales calls, and invest in the success of others.
- Work in partnership with the National Sales Manager and the Digital Sales Manager to exceed revenue goals on all station platforms including WDSU, WDSU.com, and MeTV.
- Create revenue-generating sales opportunities and solutions for all platforms.
- Prepare annual goals and budgets for the AE’s.
- Communicate regularly with the Director of Sales on all aspects of local business and maintain current and accurate revenue forecasts by account and by platform.
- Collaborate regularly with the sellers on strategy and negotiation for key accounts.
- Conduct quarterly strategy meetings with AE’s and the DSM.
- Consistently evaluate seller performance and provide constructive feedback.
- Meet with all AE’s on a weekly basis to ensure their professional development and success.
- Lead weekly sales meetings; prepare and lead annual sales planning meeting.
- Recruit and develop new talent.
- Meet extensively with clients to develop and strengthen relationships and to drive client retention.
- Review and accurate approval of advertiser orders in a timely manner.
- Minimum of 5 years broadcast sales experience; sales management experience a plus.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Have a proven track record in sports and specials sales.
- Multicast and Digital acumen.
- Have a strong understanding of Nielsen ratings and methodology for rating projection, negotiation, and evaluation.
- Ability to build and sell the value of our products with qualitative and other tools.
- Can effectively price inventory with disciplined management principles, along with a strong acumen for forecasting.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office products and television software systems such as: Wide Orbit, Kantar, Wide Orbit Sales, Matrix, and Scarborough.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and an automobile.
- 4-year college degree
- Military experience and training with above qualifications will be considered
TO APPLY PLEASE FOLLOW DIRECT LINK BELOW: