Position Summary: WROC-TV8, a CBS Affiliate, seeks a Local Sales Manager responsible for leading the day to day operations of the Sales Department, including development and achievement of new business revenue goals. Leads a team of Account Executives, working within established department guidelines, to increase sales volume. Seeks new customers for both TV and digital business, executes plans from senior management, and maintains awareness of the competition. The successful Local Sales Manager will be active in the community, building business and strong relationship and knowledge of the local economic landscape.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develops and executes sales strategies which result in exceeding revenue targets.
• Drives new business development.
• Manages inventory and revenue forecasting.
• Prepares budgets and approves budgeted expenditures.
• Works closely with Accounts Receivable to maintain current, collectible agings.
• Attends sales calls with Account Executives to develop new accounts and maximize existing accounts.
• Works with clients developing results driven marketing solutions across multiple platforms.
• Provides leadership to the broadcast/web sales teams, including preparing and conducting employee evaluations.
• Makes decisions regarding hiring, promotion and termination of employees.
• Acts as a backup for Director of Sales on an as needed basis.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or related field preferred.
• Minimum three year experience in sales, preferably in the media field.
• Proficiency in MS Office products required.
• Experience with OSI, Wide Orbit, Matrix, Strata, and Rentrak are a plus.
• Ability to identify the developmental needs of subordinates, including coaching and mentoring employees.
• Fluency in English, with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks through self-motivation and time management.
• Experience achieving long-range objectives and implementing strategies/actions to achieve them.
• Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
• Occasional travel required; available to work extended hours if needed.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Local Sales Manager must be able to be outside of the building on sales calls for the majority of their work week. Must be able to stand, sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. Must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required.
Please apply at https://nexstar.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/JobSearch/viewAll
WROC-TV8 IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER