Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
If you have a proven track record of delivering results and want to take the next great step in your career while living in Syracuse, New York an area filled with beautiful scenery, a hip downtown, a major university, and close proximity to several major cities WSTM NBC3,WTVH CBS5, WSTQ CW6 needs our next News Director. We need a person who can lead and inspire the news team to own the big story, craft compelling content and produce news that viewers have to watch and read. We need a leader who knows how to dig for a story, produce it with an edge and use strong storytelling and TV production to make it impactful and memorable. We need someone who understands how to tell stories on twitter, facebook, mobile, web as well as TV. The right candidate needs to help coach, teach and mentor team members to craft compelling, engaging and interactive stories. We need a leader who is a tremendous writer and storyteller with high journalism and ethical standards. This is one of the leading digital markets in the country, so you must know how to engage users on all platforms. We need passion, positivity and proven results. If you feel you are up to the challenge, we want to hear from you.
- Managing news operation for 3 television stations (NBC3, CBS5, CW6), developing and managing the news budget, establishing goals and directing the staff that produces 62 hours of local news weekly, while collaborating and competing in the EM, EN and LN dayparts
- Responsible for initiating and managing content delivery on multiple platforms: digital, social and broadcast
- Work closely with GM and corporate management to establish News content, philosophy and direction
- Review daily newscasts to ensure quality control and brand compliancy, and provide feedback to all news staff
- Recruiting, hiring and negotiating contracts for news department personnel
- Collaborate with GM and other managers (AND, EP, News Ops and CSD) to develop promotional plans, establish ratings goals, and effectively reach said goals
- Must have a working knowledge of journalistic ethics, libel, and privacy laws
- Will bring strong fiscal experience for both operational and capital expenditures
- Must have a demonstrated ability to manage multiple hours of daily newscasts on two stations and must have a proven track record of success in building a winning news organization
- Journalism degree and a minimum of five years' experience in news management with noted leadership skills is required
Sinclair Broadcast Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
To apply: http://sbgi.net/
Or follow direct link: https://sbgtv-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=8871&source=ONLINE&JobOwner=992776&company_id=17011&version=1&byBusinessUnit=&bycountry=0&bystate=0&byRegion=&bylocation=NULL&keywords=&byCat=NULL&proximityCountry=&postalCode=&radiusDistance=&isKilometers=&tosearch=yes&city=