Creative Services – Kansas City, MO
Reports to: Creative Services Director
WDAF, a Tribune Broadcasting station, has an immediate opening for an innovative and driven Promotion Writer/Producer on our award winning creative services team. We are looking for an extremely creative, energetic candidate with strong writing experience, shooting & editing skills and an eye for design. The ideal candidate will work well independently or in a collaborative environment to develop and execute various promotions projects.
The FOX4 Promotion Writer/Producer must be a highly motivated and creative individual who can write and produce promotional announcements, campaigns and social media/digital marketing. This position will be joining a dynamic creative team in a very competitive market.
- Write, produce, shoot and edit on-air news promotions, including announcements, campaigns and social media/digital marketing
- Responsible for managing all aspects of the promotions production process including shooting, lighting, graphics, videography, non-linear editing and post production
- Collaborate with creative team and cross-functionally with the News department
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; equivalent experience required
- 3-5 years previous creative services experience in a broadcasting, agency or post-production environment
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite required
- Proficient with Premiere or similar non-linear editing system
- Proficient with DSLR cameras, sound and lighting
- Must have strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to work in a rapid, fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work independently
ABOUT TRIBUNE MEDIA: Tribune Media Company is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting’s 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching 50 million households, national entertainment network WGN America, available in 72 million households, Tribune Studios, and Tribune Digital Ventures, including the websites Zap2it and TVByTheNumbers, and Gracenote, one of the world’s leading sources of TV and music metadata powering electronic program guides in televisions, automobiles and mobile devices. Tribune Media also includes Chicago’s WGN-AM, the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV. Additionally, the company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds other strategic investments in media. For more information please visit www.tribunemedia.com.
WDAF is an equal opportunity employer.
Email resume and reel to email@example.com