WAFB, the Raycom-owned CBS affiliate in Baton Rouge, LA market is currently seeking a dynamic leader to serve as the Vice President and General Manager of a legacy station in a top 100 television market! Find out why this vibrant capital city and home of the LSU Tigers and Southern Jaguars is a great place to work and play!
- Full accountability for all aspects of the station; including sales, marketing, content and overall operation
- Drives revenue and market share growth across multiple Raycom platforms
- Designs and delivers programming in order to drive revenue growth/ratings
- Represents Raycom within the Baton Rouge community while building positive relationships with viewers, advertisers, clients, etc.
- Maximizes profit opportunities with the core/national/new media business.
- Develops short, intermediate, and long-term market strategies
- Provides accurate forecasting to develop and manage the annual budgets
- Identifies and delivers opportunities to grow multi-platform content and distribution
- Builds a great station culture
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience successfully performing in a senior broadcast media management position (GM experience preferred)
- A proven track record of achieving financial/strategic objectives
- Bachelor's degree in broadcast or related field preferred
- Demonstrated active leadership, communication, and staff development/retention/advancement
- A history of successful leadership, positive station culture, and innovation
Are you up for the challenge? If so, Raycom is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits programs. Interested candidates should apply online. https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Or Follow Direct Link: https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com/jobs/7939/general-manager/job